Grass Fed Beef
Here at Yoder's we provide both grain fed, as well as a grass fed beef. Grass fed beef will be a leaner and richer meat. Therefore it is pertinent to prepare grass fed meat properly to preserve its natural tenderness and rich flavor.
Benefits of Grass Fed:
- Rich and tender meat
- Leaner than grain fed
- Lowers levels of LDL cholesterol
- Contains fewer calories than grain fed
- Contains 2 to 6 times more Omega-3 fatty acids
- Great source of Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
What's Important About Omega-3s?
Omega-3 fatty acids play a huge roll in having good health. Yoder's grass fed beef is a great place to start!
- Heart friendly
- Reduces the risks of having high blood pressure
- Reducts the risks of having an irregular heart beat
- 50% less likely to have a serious heart attack
Why Does Grass Fed Beef Contain More Omegas?
Omega-3s are formed in the green leaves of plants. Sixty percent of fat content of grass is actually a type of Omega-3! So, since grass fed cows eat grass, they contain two to six times more Omega-3s than grain fed cows.
What's Important About CLA?
- Promotes a healthy body
- Shown to prevent some cancers
- Helps to burn body fat
- Levels of CLA in grass fed beef are 3 to 5 times higher than grain fed beef
- Improves blood sugar regulation
- Improves bone mass
- Supports our immune & inflammatory systems