Cooking a Bone-In Ham
Our Whole, Bone-In, Hickory Smoked Hams are a holiday best seller. The flavor is phenomenal and once you've tried it, you will be a repeat customer.
Write a review
- **Also, note that we strongly recommend using a cooking bag and following the directions off of the box. We as a family almost always use one when we cook any meat entree.**
- This guide does not necessarily determine doneness. The best test is the temperature of the meat. Insert a meat thermometer in the center of the meat without touching the bone. Make sure the ham reaches 160 degrees.
- Ham Size & Approx. Cooking Time
- 12-14 lbs. for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours
- 14-16 lbs. for 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 hours
- 16-18 lbs. for 5-1/2 to 6 hours
- 18-20 lbs. for 6 to 6-1/2 hours
- Let the ham rest for around 10 minutes before carving to allow the juices to soak in and settle.
- What size do I get? We figure around 1/2-3/4 pound per person to ensure you don't run out and possibly have left overs for delicious sandwiches.
Yoder's Meat & Cheese http://yodersmeatandcheese.com/